About Me

My photo
I am just someone who loves to cook and bake. This site only another one where I can share my experience and the recipes that I have done.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Stir-fried red curry paste with chicken (ไก่ผัดพริกแกง)





Here is another quick meal when I want to have Thai food.

This dish reminds me in my childhood there was restaurant near our house where we went and had meal even bought take away food there.

We loved this restaurant very much because it was cheap and extremely delicious I believe this restaurant is still operating however the owners pass on to next generation.

We call ” Raan Boonsong ” if we went on lunch time we wouldn’t get the seats there were packed with people from everywhere.I enjoyed very much watching them cooked at the front of me.

One of my favorite dish we ordered was Gai pad kreang gang in English Stir fried chicken with red curry paste.This dish they used evaporated milk instead of coconut milk and there is no kaffir lime leaf in this one.

Taste great, quick and easy meal I have all my ingredients in my fridge ready so why don’t I cook it right!!!

I added a bit of sugar snaps in because I just love eating them as they are crunchy but you can have anything. However the original one they don’t have any veggies at all.

The idea of gai pad prik gaeng is there is some liquid but not much as the same as curry but a little bit more than ordinary stir-fried.  And you can use pour cream instead of evaporated milk.



Recipe ( for 1 person )

150    g. chicken breast you can use chicken thigh fillet if you want to, thinly sliced
50      g. sugar snaps you can use any vegetables as you like
1/2    long red chill, sliced
1        small hand full of Thai basil leaves I picked from my garden
11/2  tbsp red curry paste, this will be my taste you can reduce to 1 tbsp
1        tbsp cooking oil
1/4    cup evaporated milk
2        tbsp water
1        tsp fish sauce
1        tsp sugar any sugar will do the job


Method

1. Prepare wok over medium to low heat, add oil and red curry paste then fry well for minute until fragrance.
2. Add chicken and fry well.
3. Add sugar snap and fry well.
4. Pour evaporated milk in and add some water to make more a bit of liquid.
5. Season with fish sauce and sugar to taste.
6. Add chilli and basil leave and mix well until cook through.
7. Ready to eat with hot steamed rice.


I had gai pad prik gaeng for my lunch yesterday. If you have a basic how to cook curry or stir-fried this will be similar technique. It is so simple, quick and easy.

I still have my memory for this dish and I am so happy every time I am thinking about foods, family and life in Thailand.


No comments: